Prayer & Fasting Day 3 – The Global & Persecuted Church
Jesus declared, “I will build My Church and the gates of hell will not prevail against her”. This Church, also referred to as His Bride, was purchased with His own blood at the cross. Paul the apostle says in Ephesians 5 that before the end of the age, Jesus will present her to Himself as a beautiful church who measures up to His very stature! This will happen in a world-wide theater. The Bride’s ministry will be witnessed by the entire world. Some love Her and will, many do not and will not. (John 15:18) The Holy Spirit is using people (Ephesians 4:11-13), circumstances (2 Corinthians 4:7-17), testings (James 1:2-4) and even the permissible works of the devil (I Peter 5:8-10 Amplified Bible) to mature the Church into a global force in the earth.
The Holy Spirit is using people, circumstances, testings and even the permissible works of the devil to mature the Church into a global force in the earth.
As Jesus promised, she will do greater works than Him (John 14:12) and exploits that reveal the glory of God to the planet (Daniel 11:32 KJV). The global Church will, in fact, be unified because the prayers of Jesus will not go unanswered. The Church will be one as He and His Father are one. (John 17)
As we pray today let’s focus our attention on agreeing with the Word and Spirit and by calling out from our inmost beings, “Your Kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven”; let the very plans in the heart and mind of our great God be manifest.
Jesus prepared us for the reality of resistance and a bit of cooperation in John 15:18-20. In their pursuit of all of the above, today we lift up those around the neighborhood and around the world who are being pressed against with these various persecutions:
- Reproaches, accusations, falsehoods (in either face-to-face confrontations, through various media, in litigation, or the internal whispers of the “accuser of the brethren”) – Revelation 12:10 and 15; the flood that gushes from the mouth of the dragon-false words to defame, discredit, destroy
- Confiscation and/or plundering of goods and property – Hebrews 10:32-34
- Imprisonment – Psalm 102:16-22 and Hebrews 13:3
- Separation from family and loved ones – I Thessalonians 2:17-20
- Physical torture and martyrdom – Hebrews 11:32-40 and Revelation 12:10-11
Nothing shall separate us for we, because of our Master, are more than conquerors. Romans 8:35-39